10% of an insurance associations’ membership shows up at a tradeshow, but what about the other 90%…? MANY insurance agency owners and their staff have NEVER attended a tradeshow, either because of cost, distance, or because they’re a small office that can’t leave the business unmanned.
The truth is that traditional tradeshows are falling by the wayside, for financial and logistical reasons. Business expert Melanie Lindner wrote for Forbes.com:
Traditional trade shows are a convention-center-sized hassle—and they cost a lot to boot. Add up booth rental and presentation time-slot fees, advertising, promotional doodads and travel expenses (never mind the lost time away from the office), and a company’s tab can rocket up to $100,000 per show. Throw in a recession and little wonder that overall trade show revenue ($12 billion at last count in the U.S.) is expected to contract nearly 7% this year .
—excerpted from “How to Tackle a Virtual Trade Show“
There is a solution: the virtual tradeshow! Virtual tradeshows are a groundbreaking technology fairly new to the insurance industry. By affording insurance professionals with the opportunity to attend tradeshows from the comfort of their desks, the virtual tradeshow brings information, resources, and networking directly to you and your staff, all at a fraction of the time and cost of a traditional tradeshow.
Find out if a virtual tradeshow is a good fit for you! Contact us today to schedule a demo.