One of the most common reasons why many business owners neglect using press releases to promote their businesses is that they don’t think they have anything newsworthy to report. In fact, your business is more newsworthy than you think!
Any of the following topics can be featured in a press release:
- The achievements of a particular employee, sales representative, manager, or agent or broker
- Announcing new hires
- New offerings like product launches or advancements that your business is making
- Promotions and contests
- Partnerships with other agencies or brokerages
- Significant growth and development within the company
- A new website or promotional program, such as a social media page or email marketing campaign
By consistently submitting press releases, you increase your business’s exposure and brand name recognition among your target audience. Plus, by creating a Media or Press section on your website, you can list your releases as news items. You can even develop a media kit that contains your releases and other information on your business that interested parties can download.
Imagine the search engine benefits, too! If you submit your press release and it appears online, any links you include that point back to your site will raise your search engine ranking. Google, Bing, and other search engines love what are called “backlinks,” or links back to your website. If the website where the link originates is a very popular one with lots of traffic (i.e., Yahoo! News, Reuters, local and national newspaper websites), that backlink is even more weighty.
Direct Connection offers press release services to our clients, including planning and identifying newsworthy topics, writing and editing, and distribution. Contact us today to explore the possibilities and learn more about how we can help!